One Sweep Stand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweet macarons [Private]

2 posters

Go down

Sweet macarons [Private] Empty Sweet macarons [Private]

Post by Rubedo Promet Sat May 24, 2014 4:37 am

Rubedo was still feeling deeply embarrassed from yesterday's whole ordeal, he behaved in a way that was mostly uncommon of his, or more like, he FELT in a way he never felt before, no cheesiness intended. For starters, once he got home, he thought of a million different ways he could've turned the conversation in his favor if he had just kept calm, and then none of this would've happened. Oh, and he also took the chance to stress over what kind of food he'd made for tomorrow. His lusus enjoyed his treat (at least that came out good), and didn't seem to care too much about the stress the troll was seeming to be going through. He even ended up contacting Aryane in the middle of his despair. Who also said jadebloods had "something to do with the sun". That meant Vitreu belonged to the rare chaste of jadebloods who were in charge of breeding grubs in the past, the ones that were rainbow drinkers and who could. See. THE SUN.

The visions were the least fun part of it, though. If he closed his eyes, he could see it all too clearly on his mind again, the giant whole in his chest, and all of that greenish blood leaking to the floor. So he went to sleep, decided to find out something at least and now, just now, after deciding he was going to prepare the fluffiest macarons he had ever done (they were as light as a feather and as delicate as a rose) he was resenting it. The ghost of dark circles haunted his eyes, and tempted him of sleeping in the most random places.

He managed to attend the meeting with Vitreu, either way. He was really nervous, but the bad dreams from last time were keeping him from having a panic attack, like yesterday. Oh, right, yesterday he let him sleep with his apron, didn't he? should he have it back or let him get it? "Vitreu, it's me. Rubedo" He supressed a yawn and rubbed his eyes. Man, was he tired... hopefully he wouldn't fall asleep, that'd be embarrassing. "Are you home? I brought lunch."

He merely rested for just a moment against a tree, but that was enough to make him close his eyes for some time, enough to rest. He wasn't asleep, but it was pretty obvious to anyone with eyes that he didn't really sleep well last night.
Rubedo Promet
Rubedo Promet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sweet macarons [Private] Empty Re: Sweet macarons [Private]

Post by Vitreu Magnus Sat May 24, 2014 10:45 am

Sweet macarons [Private] Lunch_11
Oh, a new day started and you are ready for the big event: your first lunch with your first troll friend Rubedo! Well, first of all you have tho choose the correct clothes for the occasion, but...which ones? You have to choose something casual but elegant at the same time. Mmm... too many clothes and no one seems to fit with the occasion... wait! You found the perfect outfit for the lunch! Casual, fresh and fancy. Just what you needed. Now, let's proceed to your bow tie. Be careful, it has to look perfect. You stand in front of your mirror trying to tie your green bow. It have been an hour when you finally decide your bow tie looks perfect. You take a basket with some cupcakes you bought for the lunch and... oh yes! Don't forget to bring your curious friend with you: Rosebelle.  The sweet rose is in a beautiful white vase with a pink rose painted on it. You take Rosebelle carefully and you place her inside your basket and left the hive not before say "bye bye" to your lusus.

You run to the forest, excited with the idea of make a lot of new friends. Once you arrived to the forest... oh, you forget your lunch would be in the hills, you are a genius! Run again, this time with hurry, but not to the hill, but your have. You forgot something very important: Rubedo's apron. He left if over you when you fell asleep for sure, maybe because he wanted you to be warm... how sweet from him. Once in your hive you take Rubedo's apron and... why is Butterfly Dad chuckling? It doesn't matter, run! You are late to the lunch! This time to arrive to the hills, and there's Rubedo, apparently sleeping

You get closer to him... wow, the poor troll looks tired... what to do to make him feel better? Of course! You grab one of the cupcakes in your basket and you introduce it inside Rubedo's mouth. He'll be so happy once he wakes up and found the delicious vanilla's cupcake inside his mouth!

"8o Jejeje... o8"
Vitreu Magnus
Vitreu Magnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubedo Promet Sat May 24, 2014 6:10 pm

The sweet, artificial flavor of vanilla woke him up from a dream that couldn't even start in the first place before being interrupted. It was so soft and sweet, were you dreaming of kissing someone? Wait, no, what? You never had those dreams and this was not skin! You open your eyes slowly, licking your lips trying to determine where the vanilla flavor came from, and the first thing you see is a jade blood smiling quite playful and happy to you. You blink a few times, surprised and... suddenly, embarrassed. Oh my gog, he saw you asleep, didn't he? You are pretty sure you didn't get to have any nightmares, but that was besides the point, he saw you dozing off!

"So... sorry!" You apologize to him, completely embarrassed and touching your lips. Definitely vanilla. It takes you a while to process the whole thing and the tiny cupcake that is in front of you, it's too sugary, too fake, too frosty for your taste, but he... he... wait. He brought them for your lunch, right? Oh and you brought macaronis. OH RIGHT YOU WERE... Having lunch together. Ok, now you are fully awake and recovering your memories, so you incorporate a little.

"Sorry about that. I guess I lost track of time." You smile at him. "Shall we go, then?"
Rubedo Promet
Rubedo Promet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitreu Magnus Sat May 24, 2014 8:32 pm

He woke up! Finally! The young jadeblood laugh at Rubedo's sleepy face. But actually you are very happy for have this wonderful lunch with him. But what if he though you were making fun of him? Ok, calm down, try to solve it without look nervous. Try to offer him more of your delicious cupcakes, apparently he loved the vanilla one! You were afraid he though the cupcakes were very sugary, fake or frost.

"8o I'm glad to see you here! I even have a Plan B if you didn't shoW up... Whatever, What you bring for our lunch? I Want to try your food. By the way, hoW Wonderful I look? Because obviously my outfit looks charming, but I Want to knoW your opinion even if I already have an idea of Which your ansWer Will be o8"

You put your basket in the floor and take your precious Rosebelle. You want Rubedo to meet your real first friend. Rosebelle has been with you since the moment you were a little and weak grub. Rosebelle is really close to you, she knows everything about you: your deepest secrets, your real wishes, your most embarassing moments... everything, in general. You want her to meet your first troll friend Rubedo.

"8o Ey Rubedo, bedore you can say hoW amazing I look, I Would like you... to meet a very special friend for me. Her name is Rosebelle and she's very close to me. Be careful With her o8"

You put the vase with the unique rose in his legs, You are sure Rubedo won't hurt someone so close to you.
Vitreu Magnus
Vitreu Magnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubedo Promet Sat May 24, 2014 11:28 pm

Rubedo stretched a bit, trying to look more awake than what he really was. His skin never received any sun, so that didn't help to his sickly appear-- oh, wait, right, he could see the sun, right? Suddenly, he was looking forward to this a lot more. He took the basket where he kept the fragile confections and, before taking one out, he looked at his clothes. This question was rather difficult for him to answer. As a lowblood, he wasn't allowed to wear flashy clothes or jewelry, and the most provocative clothing he owned were aprons. So any kind of clothes looked nice to him, and he didn't want to lie about it.

He only hoped he didn't bring his mood down with that. He wasn't entirely comfortable talking about his status with other trolls, or more like his lack of any kind of status or recognition at all. "I really, really like your clothes, Vitreu. But I can't be any more specific...? I'm... not allowed to be that fashionable myself, sorry. So anything you use looks really nice for me." Rubedo offered him a smile, a nervous one. He really hoped he wasn't angered him here. He had no idea how fashion worked... no, he had no idea how Vitreu's head worked. Most trolls thought fashion was stupid, didn't they? but maybe that was an excuse, because a lot of his friends seemed to like it... or... or maybe all of his friends just had a knack for breaking rules. It was ok, they were high in the spectrum and could get away with it.

Main problem discarded, he then had to see the little flower in front of him. Rosebelle. He had no idea about plants, none at all, but Vitreu's voice sounded like he was being very, very serious this time. He didn't have to close his eyes to remember the time he met him outside his hive, like he had no idea how to approach him, making him panic since he had no idea what to expect. So this little flower here was very, very possibly, indeed, his Very Special Friend. She had a name. He never mentioned the other tree to have a name, which meant that either Rosebelle was special, or he didn't want to tell him yet about naming plants. Either scenario was worrying, and practically yelling at him to NOT put his filthy, deadly hands that withered every plant he touched on Rosabelle, for the sake of the jadeblood. He knew the rose would eventually decay and die, but he'd rather be cautious and not be the cause of her imminent demise. So now he had a flower that Vitreu wanted him to acknowledge, and to be careful with, but at the same time the invisible restriction of not touching it. Could he work with that?

Yes. He could. The more rules, the clearer it became the path he had to go through. "Hello, Rosebelle. Nice to meet you. My name is Rubedo. How is the sun for you?" You looked up at Vitreu. "It's nightime, are you sure I'm not waking her up?".
Rubedo Promet
Rubedo Promet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitreu Magnus Sun May 25, 2014 1:10 am

You knew it, he loves your elegant, fresh and casual clothes! But you an insensible dumb jadeblood, Rubedo doesn't know anything about "what looks good" because he wasn't allowed to wear fabulous clothes like the ones you were wearing right now. Even with his not very specific opinion, you smiled at him for being honest. You appreciate when your plants and lusus are honest with you and don't hide important stuff for you... well, your  lusus doesn't that characteristic. Rubedo was honest and that, along with his previous compliment, made you blush a little.

"8o Thanks a lot Rubedo! I already knoW I look fabulous, but I Wanted to hear it from my friend o8"

Oh good! Apparently Rubedo likes Rosebelle, and the rose reciprocate his feelings. This is so cute, watching Rubedo interact with a new kind of living being. And he even was worried for her nightime! This day can be more perfect? You grab a chocolate cupcake from your basket and bite it, still with your awkward smile decorating your face.

"8o Rosebelle just sleeps when she Wants, and ahe Wanted to meet you, and guess What? She thinks you are cute o8"

You grab the vase which contains the sweet Rosebelle and place it close to you. You really love that silly -sometimes annoying- but sweet rose. You have long chats with her, sharing interesting or ridiculous themes. Every night, afternoon or morning you decided to spend time with her... well, those are your warmest and funniest  moments of the day. For sure she's thirsty... and realize you are hungry when your stomach growls. You blush a little and ask to Rubedo:

"8o Then... What did you bring for our lunch? o8"
Vitreu Magnus
Vitreu Magnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubedo Promet Sun May 25, 2014 1:40 am

It was kind of new and fascinating to see him communicate with the flower in such an intimate level, and even more to know that he was being allowed to watch.

Key word here in case his common sense missed it: "allowed".

This was a whole new system of rules and patterns to follow, one that didn't restrict him for his blood color and that was completely new for him. If Vitreu claimed he could comunicate with his plants, then he must have had his reasons to say so, just because he himself couldn't understand him that didn't mean there weren't rules going around the system. Everyone lived by certain principles and aspects, once you found them, it made sense. Surely, in his friend's head it made sense somehow...

...the problem was that he had no idea how it worked, and it puzzled him. Two days and he was still almost in the blank (not the absolute blank, but pretty close). At this stage he was already giving up, maybe he worked obeying a different set of rules and laws that he just couldn't understand because he never bothered with them. "Like, you know, FEELINGS" says a little voice in his head, which he dismisses pretty quickly.

But really, a rose capable of "choosing" when to sleep should be something special. Maybe a mutant species. Wait, was "mutant" an offensive therm for biologist? He didn't know, the botanist here was Vitreu. "Tell her I said thanks" He said, and smiled as he took the basket of pastries from his sylladex. To get something out, he had to pick up the "right" ingredients between the many different the modus chose. It also had an option so you could pick up any item and just see the recipe on the back, but that was making it too easy.

He got the whole picnic set out, and, a bit nervously, showed him the macarons, neatly kept arranged inside. There was also some tea inside, kept in a container, but these ones were the ones Rubedo was really nervous about. He made them from scratch, and they looked and tasted well for him, but what if they were not what Vitreu liked? "Well. I made these. I hope you enjoy them. If you don't I can always cook something else, I mean, if you'd be so kind of letting me borrow your kitchen for a bit." You are really nervous, ok?
Rubedo Promet
Rubedo Promet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitreu Magnus Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:13 pm

"8o Don't Worry, Rosebelle can hear you perfectly. She said "you Welcome" o8"

Rosebelle thinks Rubedo is a nice troll, and that's a good thing, especially when the rose was very picky if we talk about trolls... or other beings in general. That's the reason you keep her away from the garden. She can't get along with other flowers or plants and they always end upset for her insensitive comments. You don't want her to offend Rubedo, what if he thinks you are rude as her? No! Second impresions are important like the first one. This is your moment to shine and show Rubedo how polite, funny and smart you are.

"8o So, Rubedo... let me taste these delicious macarons! o8"

You take one of the little macarons and eat it. Wow! This little treat is delicious! Are macarons in general so tasty or Rubedo's ones were especially delicious? For sure is the second. Rubedo is awesome! Well, in your opinion. You take of those sweet macarons. The taste of these traits made you smile like an idiot.

"8o Rubedo! These macarons are a delight to me! Mmmm! They are so sweet, just as you! Try one, Rosebelle! o8"

You eat more macarons while you hold Rosebelle with an arm. You put one macaron close to Rosebelle's roots. If the sun melt the sweet filler of the macaron, she'll be able to taste it. Oh, your cupcakes are nothing compared with Rubedo's traits... well, you didn't bake them after all; but you would liked to bring something more delicious for this special day.

"8o Tell me more about you! I Want to knoW What you most like and What you can't stand. Don't be nervous, I Won't laugh at you o8"
Vitreu Magnus
Vitreu Magnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubedo Promet Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:34 am

Oh. So Rosabelle could hear him, then. But if he had to admit it, it was a bit odd to "talk" to someone who couldn't answer him back, or who may answer while he remained the only dork in the room who couldn't understand them (although he suspected Vitreu was pretty much the only one who could talk to plants). Sort of like a comatose patient, with the exception that they could, in fact, talk back. Not to him. But it didn't affect him at all, after being emotionally isolated from other trolls all this time, what would it mean one more being not talking back to him? Maybe Vitreu had a special gene along with the one that allowed him to stay in the sun? One that allowed him to communicate with plants? But hey, what would he know! He was Mr. Plant-killer here! And now that he thought about it, if they could indeed think, maybe they were committing suicide all this time! More reasons to not touch a plant. EVER. Maybe if he touched Rosebelle the plant would instantly get sad enough to wither and let herself go forevasjskldhgasVitreu's going to taste the macarons for the love of The Sufferer.

He stiffened up, clenching his fists on his outfit hard enough to positively wrinkle his pants, his teeth grinding together as he watched in slow motion how the macaroni went all the way through from the basket to Vitreu's grey tongue. The most tense three seconds of his life so far, sweet mother grub. He didn't remember having stage fright, or was it only when people were going to taste his food? He didn't even want to think what would've happened had he ever taken those to the Condesce. W-wait, he was rambling again!

He... liked them? He means, of course he liked them! His food wasn't bad! ...No, but really, he liked them and he even said they tasted as-- WHAT. As sweet as him? "Reall-...? I mean. Tha-... Thank you. I made those with the fruit you gave me. Uhm. That's... nice of you." Vitreu was feeding the plant in a completely silly and somewhat implausible way, but he was too busy blushing the color of Rosabelle's red strikes to care. He rarely ever received compliments for... well, being him? existing at all? His food, yes. His skills, yes. Himself? Nope. How did this guy pull all this on him? Did he secretly study him or something? Why was he blushing like an idiot, stop that this moment.

He was too stressed to remember the things he wanted to ask him at all. Before coming he had prepared a mental list of all the things he wanted to ask him about, and what topics he should avoid, since his life was full of ugly patches of hurtful stories he'd rather not tell here and there. But right now all of the memories were... gone. He smiled at him and prayed really, really, REALLY hard so he wouldn't fuck this up.

"I... Well, I live in a hivestem. Since I'm a burgundy blood not a lot of people like to hang out with me, and... when I was younger in fact they'd practice their psionics on me. It, uhm... kind of, hurted me really bad. So I mostly stayed inside with my lusus and entertained myself with cooking. Pottery. Oh, and I also like astronomy a lot. The sun seems pretty interesting, even if I can't see it directly if I don't want to be blinded." He talked with a smile, before he noticed he was nervously rambling, and closed his mouth. Ugh. He cleared his throat. "Wha-... what do you like to do?"

Nailed it. Wait no. He was pretty sure something in there, maybe several things, were fucked up. Shit. Well, at least the "everything I touch dies" and "I see dead people" were averted. Brilliant, genius!

He wanted to die.
Rubedo Promet
Rubedo Promet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitreu Magnus Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:58 pm

"8o AWW, Rubedo! I really love to talk about me! Because I'm really one of the most Wonderful trolls ever! Beautiful, intelligent, charismatic, noble and bright as a gorgeous rose! Gardening is What I most love to do. Plants are like part of me, like if they Were my oWn grubs. Oh! I feel so happy just talking about my lovely plants in my precious garden! Rubedo, you should visit my hive, soon! Oh yes, your question. I also like to read botany books, Works, encyclopedias, short articles, etc. Sometimes I do sleepovers With Butterfly Dad and Rosebelle. Is really fun to do! And finally... I already said I love fairy tales With princes... o8"

You take another of those delicious macarons. Awww, Rubedo made the macarons with the fruit you gave him the previous day. That's so sweet from him! Things are really serious in this young friendship... you never though Rubedo would be so nice with you. It feels good, of course, but is strange at the same time. Rubedo is the first troll who doesn't behave as an asshole with you. This can be more wonderful? Or course, everything can be better and BETTER AND... What? Pay attention to Rubedo, he's telling you his story. The mean people, the fear, the pain... you really hate to hear about that.

"8o But... I'm sure there are a lot of postive things about your life! I mean, you became a great cooker! A really good one! Also, no one likes those trolls With psionics! They are bad as the highbloods. In my opinion, be a loWblood doesn't mean the troll has good nature or is a kind one. NO! They suck as any troll higher than them. You not. You are my best friend! Just don't talk about ugly memories, that Would ruin our perfect picnic! o8"

After your boring speech, you put Rosebelle in the ground and give a warm hug to your new best friend. You really don't want him to talk about negative stuff... because it reminds you your own "ugly memories". It reminds you those ugly highbloods and their scary looks... too horrible memories. Don't think of that! Ignore them, as you do all the time! Is very esy, having such a perfect and idyllic life like yours. Don't let Rubedo tragic past to ruin the mood of your happy and perfect picnic with him.

"8o Rubedo! The story you told me the other day Was Wonderful! Tell me another one, please! o8"
Vitreu Magnus
Vitreu Magnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubedo Promet Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:50 pm

All of the blood in his body gathered in the direction of his brain after hearing Vitreu's slightly long speech, Rubedo's breath fastened slightly in order to provide it with even more oxygenated rust for his (now very active) brain to work with. He recapped really fast all that had happened until now, just to be safe. First of all, he was at disadvantage here and it was pretty obvious by now, he wouldn't even bother not admitting it: Vitreu's mind worked in a way that made him be extremely sincere and straightforward, something Rubedo wasn't used to, and because of this the jadeblood had the absolute advantage at everything he said, draggint the rustblood over the land of I-have-no-idea-what-to-say-for-once-in-my-life. Up until now.

The first part had been really straightforward and he couldn't work with it: the jadeblood thought very highly of himself and wasn't afraid of vocalizing it, once again breaking all of the safe ground the rustblood had been standing at. Nothing uncommon here (albeit uncomfortable, it was slightly expected).

And his hobbies, or most of them, seemed to stick in his brain: Ok, so he liked, no, he LOVED gardening and botanics while he himself hated the very idea of cultivating plants, even weeds died at his touch, so there was no way he could approach him there. And he enjoyed sleepovers and fairytales, something Rubedo had never had the opportunity to enjoy himself. The first one, because of bullying, and the second one, because Vitreu seemed to have no trouble being slightly childish (even more so: it seemed to suit him like a puzzle piece that had been missing) but he himself was struggling to live his life as a young teen, preparing to enter what few adulthood he'd be able to enjoy before being culled, therefore having no time left for such shenanigans.

In short: he had been lost and really tense, again. Or at least, up until the jadeblood spoke again.

If any other troll had heard him insult the rest of the trolls, they'd had punch Vitreu in the face. But Rubedo saw a chance to actually understand his mind and work with what little he had given him to work with, and like a hungry mite he clung on it, repeating those lines over and over again. So he was already his best friend (which was really scary for him, being so close to a troll like him) but it wasn't just "because", it was... he was willingly going to bet his money on this one: Vitreu's weird behaviour had allienated him somehow from other trolls, possibly by being "unkind" to him. A.K.A. violent, A.K.A. just your regular troll answering to a weird one. "Ugly memories", uh.

Rubedo smiled gently at him. Now this was his idea of progress! This guy had been puzzling him long enough, it felt really good to finally be decoding him, even if just a bit. He was finally feeling slightly more in the game, maybe not completely in his comfort zone, but he could WORK with something that wasn't all made of rainbows. So the trick was to just... be natural and sincere? Wow, it very rarely worked on other trolls. Maybe now and then return him to earth, if he seemed to fly too up in the sky.

"My apologies, I got really nervous there. It's my first time in a picnic with someone else." More relaxed now, and confident in himself, he switched his sitting position to a better one, because this was going to take a bit and he was still really tired from the daymares he suffered hours ago. "Well, I don't know a lot of stories, I mostly make them up, but last time you fell asleep and it would be ungentlemanly of me to just let you doze off in the forest again. I just had no idea where your hive was at, so, sorry for that one."

Last edited by Rubedo Promet on Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rubedo Promet
Rubedo Promet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vitreu Magnus Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:52 pm

You can help but blush at his apologies. He is so gentle with you! Is almost difficult to believe it. You know how most trolls are, well, after all Rubedo wasn't like those other ugly trolls. You would like to have this picnic under the warm light of the sun, but you know Rubedo can't stand it. How unfortunately. Your perfect picnic is in the daylight, but right now it doesn't matter at all as long you can spend time with your new friend.

This wasn't your first picnic. In previous sweeps you had them with Butterfly Dad or your best friend Rosebelle. Those were funny days and in hills covered by colorful flowers. But this picnic was different: The first one you have with ANOTHER TROLL. Is something new to your list of wonderful experiences in life. Oh, you get distracted. Go ahead and say something to Rubedo.

"8o Don't Worry, Rubedo! Butterfly Dad found me and took me to my hive. Also, nothing happened to me, I mean... look at me! My face is still beautiful, no scars, no bruses. NoW... did I heard that correctly? Is your first picnic? Well, is going to be your best picnic ever, too! Because I'll make sure you enjoy every minute you spend with me as your best friend! I promise! o8"

The basket with cupcakes is next to your leg. You carefully take one and put it in Rubedo's mouth. Who wouldn't love those sweet little spongy cupcakes? Maybe an idiot, but this wasn't the case.

"8o Rubedo, I Want to share with you something really important to me. So, don't get distracted and pay attention to my Words, because is about my biggest dream of life o8"

Biggest dream of life. Rosebelle is the only one who know it perfectly. Is kind of embarrasing considering the life of trolls in Alternia: always with the risk of being culled unless you are the empress or the next one. It was a dream almost impossible for any troll... any troll except YOU. Yes, you. Your plan to reach this life's goal is perfect, with no flaws on it.

"8o I Want a pacific and idyllic life in my hive. It will be like this When I stay in home to relax. I also going to be an amazing botanist and a good explorer! I Want to know every place of Alternia, collect the info of every plant in the planet and live my life like I want instead of Waste my precious time With the Mother Grub o8"
Vitreu Magnus
Vitreu Magnus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down