One Sweep Stand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shopping [OPEN]

4 posters

Go down

Shopping [OPEN] Empty Shopping [OPEN]

Post by Pythia Delphi Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:34 pm

You went to the city with the half-baked intent of going to the library to do some research, and to buy some books from a bookstore. Of course, in the end you didn't do it, like always! You rarely got to visit the city at all and whenever you did actually go, everything was just too charming for you to pass up the chance of buying stuff with the riches you accumulated from FLARP. Books, bookmarkers, pairs of glasses, heels, books, make-up, office supplies like pens and paper, groceries, rare but amazing food such as cotton candy, books... did you mention books already? Because you always bought a ton. You exploited the shipping system of most bookstores via online, but nothing compared to the feeling of being able to actually check the ones that interested you.

So you ended up going on a shopping spree, giving preference to every little bookstore you found in your way. Right now you were wearing flats, because you knew this would be a long walk. Maybe you could even stay in a hotel and spend the next day shopping? after all, since gong to the library was most of the times a failed plan, now you were used to just carry enough money with you.

Right now you were at, surprise surprise! The bookstore! Your favorite one, too. You begin to wander around the sections, looking for nothing in particular and already carrying 3 different titles in your arms: A trollian thesaurus, a mystery novel, and a full pharmacological dictionary of troll medicines. You then seem to notice someone you don't know who seems to be looking around for something. They are navigating rather clumsily and seem kind of lost, maybe you can help them... you're in a good mood, after all.

"Are you looking for something in particular?"
Pythia Delphi
Pythia Delphi

Back to top Go down

Shopping [OPEN] Empty Re: Shopping [OPEN]

Post by Aryane Metoid Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:38 pm

You are now in the city, somehow you managed to get here without your identity being discovered, after all highbloods aren't really welcome in this kind of place, in which most of the lowbloods' and midbloods' population lives, and to top it all you're a seadweller, even if you have really good combat skills there is no way you can make it out of this place if someone discovers you and tries to fight you. It is something really weird for you to come to this kind of place, but you needed to, since Shield (one of your wolves) is sick, and you can't heal him with your current skills and knowledge, so you came to the city to search in the bookstores for some useful information; of course you didn't come alone, you brought Zielle and Kamir with you, the first one for protection and like some kind of guide (you get lost quite easily), and the second one for protection and fast moving, since he is your fastest horse.

You have already been in five bookstores but they didn't had what you need, so you just keep walking, your cape covers your body and your hood covers your gills and the purple locks in your hair, no one has discovered you for now, and you want to keep it like that, so you don't talk to anyone even if you need help. You arrive to another bookstore and enter it, ordering Kamir to stay outside while Zielle stays hidden under your hood, wrapped up around your neck.

You wander arounf the bookcases looking for medicine books that specialize in creatures, but you don't know this place so you get lost after a couple of minutes and you decide to search at random places... That until something unexpected happens: someone you don't know talks to you. You jump a little in surprise and turn around quickly, almost falling over because yeah, you're rather clumsy, you look at the stranger with a little of nervousness -U-Uhm... Yes, I am... Do you work in this store?-if she doesn't then you don't know why she would help you.
Aryane Metoid
Aryane Metoid
Admin

https://onesweepstand.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubedo Promet Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Those days had been the kind which Rubedo hated the most. Adventuring was not and had never been for him. He was supposed to go home and rest, but even with Corvus specially powerful pills of slime, he wasn't completely sure he had rested at all... what a strange dream. Next time, he'd skip the pills and try and sleep on his own. He had been more or less successful, though: he wasn't falling asleep every five feet and the sprint in his step had come back, replacing the drag he had adopted before due to tiredness... he kept the dark circles under his eyes, though.

This wasn't good. He needed some books for information on camping, right now. If he wanted to come back to the cave and looks for answers, and actively help Corvus on that "game", and, in short, connect this all together, he'd need as many help as he could get. If this "Ducita" person was a charter, then he'd rather not be a drag to her. And, if she was the moirail of a highblood, chances were she was higher on the spectrum than him. The higher, the more dangerous... and, Aarush being a gigantic, purpleblood nobility...

She should be way dangerous.

He walked in the first bookstore he found on his way, a rather large one. But the only ones he saw around were a brownblood who seemed to be attending... uh... some sort of hooded figure? Was she a dependant? Wait, he had something to worry more about: the hooded figure, who was probably hiding his or her blood color. Well, that sucked! How was he supposed to know where his place was, if no one told him?

He sighed a bit. Why did he have to have such luck?
Rubedo Promet
Rubedo Promet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Castel Preyal Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:20 pm

It's been a pretty long time since you've been out of the swamps, last time you went to the hivestems and met a little blueblood there named Corvus, you also realized you have a palecrush for him, which isn't as bad as it seems, since you're a yellowblood, but then again, it's not like you give a damn thing about it. But it's not time to think about that, you decided to come here in search of some new books, you're in the process of moving to you mate's house, Sersen, and you haven't had a good thing to read in a while, which is making you bored, since you haven't had time to take care of your business (hacking, coding, programs...) because of the moving process, and reading was the most entertaining thing you could do so you don't stress out completely.

Also, you decided to come here because mostly every troll at the swamps' village hates you Those fuckers, I'm not losing my time with them. You walk to the first bookstore you see, and there is a horse standing in front of it, weird as hell. Since it seems interesting enough you decide to enter it just after some other troll who doesn't seems so interesting, so you don't even pay attention to him and walk further inside, spotting a hooded figure and a brownblood troll that were standing in the middle of one of the corridor.

-Is this somekind of costume party?- you ask to yourself, though loud enough for everyone to hear you, you're not expecting and answer even so, after al your voice was full of sarcasm. Do you know your place in the hemospectrum? Yes you do. Do you care enough about it? Hell no. That hooded figure was probably really high in the hemospectrum, but guess what: you don't care.
Castel Preyal
Castel Preyal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythia Delphi Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:09 pm

Wow, that was fast. While you were talking to her, more trolls came in, as if invoked. You blink and look in the direction of the yellow blood, because a witty remark was always hard to miss (especially for you, who enjoy every kind of wordplay) but come back to paying attention to little Miss "Do-You-Work-Here". Resisting the urge to answer to his remark.

"No, I don't. But I practically live here, so if there is something you are looking for, I can help you find it. I'm in an incredibly good mood today." You look up to the yellowblood.

The temptation is too high.

Too high, it should be illegal.

"... Unlike the other not-so-gentle-man here, may I add." You grin. Wordplay. You love wordplay. You completely forgot about the rustblood, too, is not like he was doing anything to call your attention, either. He seemed to be keeping to himself there. Agh, but it would be rude. You guess you can wait A LITTLE before you play with words. "Can I help the three of you, then?"
Pythia Delphi
Pythia Delphi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aryane Metoid Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:18 pm

You watch in nervousness and horror as more trolls come in the library, things are going down the wrong way, you don't want to think of four lowbloods knowing your identity, but you have to act as normal as you can, for the sake of not being discovered, you mentally order Zielle to remain silence until you get out of the place, which you hope it will be soon, since you also have to buy the things Sersen asked you for the job. You look at the two new trolls, the first one coming in is a rustblood, and it reminds you of your friend, Rubedo, you think he's kind of cute and you can't help blushing; the other one is a yellowblood and he doesn't seems friendly at all.

-This is not a costume- you murmur, feeling a little annoyed at his words, but then you turn your attention to the brownblood -Oh, thanks- you smile slightly and nod with your head -I was searching for medicine books...- you glance at the burgundyblood again, he was silent, and you wondered why, though maybe it is because he's low in the hemospectrum so he might be as nervous as you are? You don't know.

You look back at the troll that is standing in front of you in a little of surprise, you didn't expect her to speak back to the male yellowblood, and you can't help smiling a little bit, the smile disappears quickly afterwards.
Aryane Metoid
Aryane Metoid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubedo Promet Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:03 pm

The hooded one glanced at him for a brief momment, enough to call his attention and make him look back, eyebrows raised in curiosity, and blushed out of what he thought was shyness. And then, just as quick, they looked at the floor. Now, the burgundy blood wouldn't be able to determine the exact shade of blood color by something as quick as that, but he was, at least, definitely sure that it was a warm color. Possibly bronze or burgundy? The zone was a somewhat poor one, after all. Nothing interesting for highbloods to look at here. And definitely nothing for seadwellers.

So he was... probably safe? He guessed?

They were also a female, judging from their voice. And you didn't really care that everyone here seemed to be arguing. You attempted to mind your own business, looking around for books on camping. Jegus, this bookstore was cluttered!

"Good night, everyone." You murmured as you attempted to slip behind the yellowblood, preferably before he was pissed off by what the bronze gal said to him. She was tall, you granted her that. You definitely didn't want to be on her bad side. "Excuse me, sir."
Rubedo Promet
Rubedo Promet
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Castel Preyal Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:13 pm

Oh... So there is someone else here who likes to play with words as much as you do, this might be interesting and not boring as you thought it would be. You bow in a too pronounced way, making fun of it as you grin -I'm not, and I won't ever be a gentleman, so please, don't expect much from me.- You stand straight again, still grinning, it was obvious you didn't gave a fuck if she was taller than you, you actually don't give a fuck about a lot of things, but you have fought with trolls higher than you in the hemospectrum, stronger and taller, and you have won most of those fights, you're not one to back down.

You look back at the burgundy blood, you had forgotten about him being here, and this is the first time he speaks, you examine him really quickly and you decide he's not interesting, at least for now, though it seems like someone you can mess up with, like someone easy to annoy probably, you might try that later. For now you just shrug and move aside, there's no time for losing with him.

-I'm not really searching for something specific, so I'm gonna say no- You shrug and you start walking to a random bookcase -But since you're a really "nice lady", I might accept your offer later- with a smile you just walk deep inside the library after glancing at the hooded troll, there was something strange about them, and since you're curious and you like knowing about things, you're going to try and find out.
Castel Preyal
Castel Preyal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pythia Delphi Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:15 pm

"Cheers to that." You reply as you tilt an imaginary bottle of faygo up in the air, your grin mimicking the one that splits the lips of the yellowblood. But, really, who even cheers with Faygo anymore? Doesn't matter since it's all part of imaginary-gentleman, imaginary-cheers, imaginary-liquid joke. It's mere foundation are the words that you and he share, sort of a very brief chivalry. "May my expectations never ever reach your destiny."

Okay, enough of silly antics. You drop your hand after the little (but fun) show and pay attention to what the girl said to you, otherwise she'd think you had been ignoring her. Which would be... slightly weird, you think, because you only ignored the people you wanted to ignore (like the burgundyblood, up until this moment he had said nothing of your interest), and very few times had you forgotten accidentally about someone. Specially not someone with a hood.

You might try to further prod and poke and see if you get to know her, while you help her get her medicine books (what for?), so you smile at her and advance towards her cape. But, sadly, you are too tall to even take a peek. Damn. "Of course! Just follow me, they are around this section over here." Right in between where the yellowblood and the burgundy were at. You wonder if you can get her to open up by talking to her about medicine...? "So, what kind of medicine books are you looking for? I might be able to help."
Pythia Delphi
Pythia Delphi

Back to top Go down

Post by Aryane Metoid Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:40 pm

They are definately not paying attention to you, and though it's relieving in some sense, it also annoys you a bit, since you were talking with the bronzeblood first, but since you don't want to attract more attention than necessary to you (keeping in mind that there is a snake hiding inside your hood) you wait silently until they're finished. Meanwhile you look at the burgundyblood secretly, hoping he doesn't notices you, you think he really is cute and everytime you see him it makes you think of Rubedo, you're pretty sure he said he was a "rustblood", though you never use that word, but daydreaming about this troll being him makes you pretty excited.

You pay attention to the female troll in front of you when she starts talking to you again, you follow her to where she says, looking around with curiousness -Well, I'm looking for medicine books that are preferably about animals, but anything might work...- You don't really want to explain the whole situation because it makes you sad thinking about Shield being sick, since you adopted him the time you met Ducita and she named him, and even if you're already feeling pale for Sersen, Ducita is a really important friend for you, and Shield means a lot to you and your relationship.
Aryane Metoid
Aryane Metoid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down